How To Download the Presets
Once you purchase a preset, you will have the option to download the file. You will also receive an email with this digital preset so you can access anywhere.
How to Install the Presets
Installing the presets in Lightroom is incredibly easy and only takes a few steps:
- On a PC, go into Lightroom and click on Edit at the top, then click on Preferences. On a Mac, click on the Lightroom tab, then click on Preferences.
- In the Preferences screen, you will see several tabs at the top, click on the Presets tab
- Click the button titled, Show Lightroom Presets Folder
- Navigate to Lightroom > Develop Presets Folder
- Copy the contents from your TGE Preset download into the Develop Presets Folder
- And that's it! If Lightroom was open when you copied TGE Presets, you will need to close the application and restart it
How to Use Presets on Mobile
This is a two-part process that will be worth your while.
First -- here's how to sync Lightroom presets to mobile:
- Make sure you have Lightroom Classic CC and have updated to the April 2018 version or newer
- You will also need to download and install the Lightroom CC Desktop App if you don't have it and make sure you have the most current version (at least the June 2018 update)
- Launch the Lightroom CC desktop version
- Go to File > Import Profiles and Presets and navigate to where the .xmp versions of your presets are located
- On a Mac, click Command + Shift + G to open the Go To folder and copy and paste this: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings. On a Windows PC, paste the following path (replacing [user name] with your user name): C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings
- To finish, select the folders of presets that you'd like to add to your Lightroom mobile applications and then click Import. These presets will now be available in Lightroom CC and your Lightroom CC mobile app.
Second -- here's how to Use Presets in the Lightroom Mobile app:
- Open your Mobile App and choose a photo you would like to edit
- Go to the Presets section along the bottom of the screen (you may have to scroll all the way to the right to find the option)
- Once you click on the Presets section, it will open to a random preset collection where all of your presets should live. The collection name will be listed at the top of the preset menu with the individual presets listed below and you can scroll through all your available presets. To apply a preset, simply tap the preset name.
- To change the collection of presets, tap on the collection name at the top of the preset options. Doing that will bring up a list of all the preset collections. Select the one you want and you'll be taken to a list of the presets in that collection.
- If you don't like the effect of the preset you chose, you can tap the undo arrow at the top of the screen or just choose a new preset to be applied instead of your previous choice.
- To close the presets menu, click the "X".
- Once you have added a preset and closed the preset menu, you are still able to make additional adjustments using the all the other options at the bottom of the screen